Share your ideas, thoughts, views... anything and everything...
I would like to share a Moral Science story from my school days at Chinmaya Vidyalaya.
Why this children’s story so special?
For me, the moral of this story works even today and it will work for you too… I am sure you would agree with me after reading!!!
ALL FOR GOOD:
Once upon a time, there was a king. Like every other king, he had a loyal and trust worthy minister. No matter what happened, the minister would always say "All that happens is for good".
One day the king, minster and some of his men were getting ready for hunting. At that moment, the king's son, who was a small boy, came running with an apple and a knife and asked.
He asked his father, "Dad, please cut this apple for me". The king took apple and knife from the child's hand. While cutting the apple, he cut his finger too and cried in great pain!
The servants came running and tied a piece of cloth around the cut finger. However, the minister was not worried and as usual said, "All that happens is for good O King, don't worry!"
The king was enraged by these words and ordered in a fit of rage, "How can a wound be of good for a king? Hang this foolish minister tomorrow at sun raise!"
Even after being put in a prison, the minister said, "All that happens is for good..." The guards astonished at his calmness.
Then, the king and his men left to the forest for hunting. Midway into deep forest, a group of forest natives attacked them. All his soldiers ran for their lives and the king was caught. They took the king to their chief, who would eventually sacrifice him.
The chief examined the king, noticed the cut in his finger and said, "To praise Goddess Kali, we need a perfect, healthy human for the sacrifice. This king is wounded and thus imperfect!"
Finally a simple wound saved the king’s life!
The king realised the meaning behind his minister’s words and rushed to order his release. He narrated the while story and asked for minister’s pardon. But again, the minister said "That was for good too, O king!"
The king was stunned and asked "HOW"?
The minister explained, "No matter what, I would have never left you alone in the forest despite the soldiers running away. And along with you, those forest men would have captured me too…"
He continued, "Since, I am healthy and perfect with no wounds, they would have sacrificed me!"
Now the king understood and asked, "So, my punishment made you stay in the prison and escape death?"
The minister smiled and said, "All that happens is for good... All for good!!!"
If we think and act like the minister, we will be always happy no matter what!
Good things are always good to share
If you are NOT HAPPY with the recent changes and the new design of facebook and want to switch to old facebook user interface, here is what you can do:
That is it! You can enjoy the good old facebook
Ps: This is just a temporary solution to let you see the old facebook profile homepage back. When facebook come up with a fix and applies the redesign to all regions then this technique may not work.
Thanks for reading! Please do spread this article by sharing in Facebook and Retweeting to help others!
Does that circular spinning "loading wheel" on YouTube makes you want to do unspeakable things to your computer?
Dont lose it yet!!!
YouTube allows you to play one of the most popular classic games, Snake, while your video is loading.
While the wheel is spinning - just press any of the arrow keys and your snake will appear.
It's not clear when YouTube released this, but I accidentally discovered it today and thought it is worth sharing
Once there was a little island country. The land of this country was the tiny island itself. The total money in circulation was 2 rupees as there were only two pieces of 1 rupee coins circulating around.
1) There were 3 citizens living on this island country. A owned the land. B and C each owned 1 rupee.
2) B decided to purchase the land from A for 1 rupee. So, now A and C own 1 rupee each while B owned a piece of land that is worth 1 rupee.
* The net asset of the country now = 3 rupees.
3) Now C thought that since there is only one piece of land in the country, and land is non producible asset, its value must definitely go up. So, he borrowed 1 rupee from A, and together with his own 1 rupee, he bought the land from B for 2 rupees.
* A has a loan to C of 1 rupee, so his net asset is 1 rupee.
* B sold his land and got 2 rupees, so his net asset is 2 rupees.
* C owned the piece of land worth 2 rupees but with his 1 rupee debt to A, his net residual asset is 1 rupee.
* Thus, the net asset of the country = 4 rupees.
4) A saw that the land he once owned has risen in value. He regretted having sold it. Luckily, he has a 1 rupee loan to C. He then borrowed 2 rupees from B and acquired the land back from C for 3 rupees. The payment is by 2 rupees cash (which he borrowed) and cancellation of the 1 rupee loan to C. As a result, A now owned a piece of land that is worth 3 rupees. But since he owed B 2 rupees, his net asset is 1 rupee.
* B loaned 2 rupees to A. So his net asset is 2 rupees.
* C now has the 2 coins. His net asset is also 2 rupees.
* The net asset of the country = 5 rupees. A bubble is building up.
(5) B saw that the value of land kept rising. He also wanted to own the land. So he bought the land from A for 4 rupees. The payment is by borrowing 2 rupees from C, and cancellation of his 2 rupees loan to A.
* As a result, A has got his debt cleared and he got the 2 coins. His net asset is 2 rupees.
* B owned a piece of land that is worth 4 rupees, but since he has a debt of 2 rupees with C, his net Asset is 2 rupees.
* C loaned 2 rupees to B, so his net asset is 2 rupees.
* The net asset of the country = 6 rupees; even though, the country has only one piece of land and 2 rupees in circulation.
(6) Everybody has made money and everybody felt happy and prosperous.
(7) One day an evil wind blew, and an evil thought came to C’s mind. “Hey, what if the land price stop going up, how could B repay my loan. There is only 2 rupees in circulation, and, I think after all the land that B owns is worth at most only 1 rupee, and no more.”
(8) A also thought the same way.
(9) Nobody wanted to buy land anymore.
* So, in the end, A owns the 2 of the 1 rupee coins, his net asset is 2 rupees.
* B owed C 2 rupees and the land he owned which he thought worth 4 rupees is now 1 rupee. So his net asset is only 1 rupee.
* C has a loan of 2 rupees to B. But it is a bad debt. Although his net asset is still 2 rupees, his Heart is palpitating.
* The net asset of the country = 3 rupees again.
(10) So, who has stolen the 3 rupees from the country? Of course, before the bubble burst B thought his land was worth 4 rupees. Actually, right before the collapse, the net asset of the country was 6 rupees on paper. B’s net asset is still 2 rupees, his heart is palpitating.
(11) B had no choice but to declare bankruptcy. C as to relinquish his 2 rupees bad debt to B, but in return he acquired the land which is worth 1 rupee now.
* A owns the 2 coins; his net asset is 2 rupees.
* B is bankrupt; his net asset is 0 rupee. (He lost everything)
* C got no choice but end up with a land worth only 1 rupee
* The net asset of the country = 3 rupees.
End of the story;
There is however a redistribution of wealth.
A is the winner, B is the loser, C is lucky that he is spared.
A few points worth noting:
(1) when a bubble is building up, the debt of individuals to one another in a country is also building up.
(2) This story of the island is a closed system whereby there is no other country and hence no foreign debt. The worth of the asset can only be calculated using the island’s own currency. Hence, there is no net loss.
(3) An over-damped system is assumed when the bubble burst, meaning the land’s value did not go down to below 1 rupee.
(4) When the bubble burst, the fellow with cash is the winner. The fellows having the land or extending loan to others are the losers. The asset could shrink or in worst case, they go bankrupt.
(5) If there is another citizen D either holding a rupee or another piece of land but refrains from taking part in the game, he will neither win nor lose. But he will see the value of his money or land goes up and down like a see saw.
(6) When the bubble was in the growing phase, everybody made money.
(7) If you are smart and know that you are living in a growing bubble, it is worthwhile to borrow money (like A) and take part in the game. But you must know when you should change everything back to cash.
(8) As in the case of land, the above phenomenon applies to stocks as well.
(9) The actual worth of land or stocks depends largely on psychology (or speculation)!
Women - Multiple processes
Women's brain is designed to concentrate multiple tasks at a time.
Women can Watch TV and Talk over phone and cook the new recipe.
Men - Single Process
Men's brain designed to concentrate only one work at a time. Men cannot watch TV and talk over the phone at the same time. He stops / mutes the TV while talking. He can either watch TV or talk over the phone or cook.
Women can easily learn many languages. Her brain sets up, but cannot find the solutions to problems.
Men cannot easily learn languages; he can easily solve problems.
A 3 year old girl has three times higher vocabulary than a 3 year old boy.
Men's brain has lot of space for handling the analytical process. So easily he can analyse and find the solution for a process.
He can design (blue print) a map of a building easily.
If a complex map is viewed by women, she cannot understand it. She cannot understand the details of the map easily.
For her - it is dump of lines in a paper.
While driving a car, men's analytical spaces are used in his brain. He can drive a car fast. If he sees an object at long distance, immediately his brain classifies the object's (bus or van or car) direction and speed of the object and drive accordingly.
Whereas women take a long time to recognize the object direction / speed. His single process mind stops the audio in the car (if any), then concentrating only on the driving.
You can often see, while men drives the car fast, women sitting next to him will shout, "GO SLOW" , "CAREFULL", "AAHHH", "OHH GOD.." etc..
Many times, when men lie to women face to face, they get caught easily.
Her super natural brain observes the facial expression 70%, and the body language 20% and the words coming from the mouth 10%. So he is easily caught while lying.
Men's brain does not have this.
Women easily lie to men face to face.
So guys, While lying to your girls, use phone, or letter or close all the lights or cover your / her face with blanket..
End of day, if men have lot of problems, his brain clearly classifies the problems and puts the problems in individual rooms in the brain and then finds the solution one by one.
You can see many guys looking at the sky for a long time. If you disturb him, he gets irritated.
End of Day, if women have lot of problems, her brain cannot classify the problems. She wants someone to hear that. After telling everything to a person she goes happily to bed. She does not worry about the problem being solved or not.
Men want STATUS, SUCCESS, solutions, big process... etc…
Women want RELATIONSHIP, friends, family...etc...
If women are unhappy with their relations, they cannot concentrate on work…
If men are unhappy with their work, they cannot concentrate on the relations...
Men can easily locate the place in a complex map. His analytical brain does this.
While watching a cricket match in a stadium with full of crowd, men can leave his seat to tea shop and keeps everything in his mind and comes back to his seat without problems. He uses his analytical skills space of brain.
Women can't do this. They often lose their way to their seat.
Life is very easy to Men. One good job (One alcohol bottle is enough for them - Optional)
Women want everything in life.
Women use indirect languages in speech.
Merlin asked Sam, "Sam do you like to have a cup of coffee?"
This means, Merlin wants a cup of coffee.
Men use direct language. "Merlin, I want to have a cup of coffee, Pls stop the car when you see a coffee shop".
Women talk a lot without thinking.
Men act a lot without thinking.
That's why many of prisoners are men all over the world.
Ps: I am neither a psychiatrist nor the analyser - I dont even know if this has any scientific base. I got this info through mail - though its nice to share